Are you ready to maximize your 24 hours and take control of your life? If so, then you need to learn the art of time blocking!
As a successful entrepreneur and busy mom, I can attest to its transformative power. With time blocking, I've gone from being frazzled and scattered to a successful businesswoman who's running multiple thriving companies while still making time for myself and my family.
If you're feeling overwhelmed and don't know where to start, I've got you covered!
These 5 key steps are the building blocks of successful time blocking:
- Choose Your Categories: Define your priorities and organize them into 5-7 categories, such as Work, Family, Personal, Passion projects and more! Make sure you don’t choose more than 7, otherwise you’re setting yourself up to be overwhelmed!
- Assign Colors: Make it easy to visualize and quickly identify your tasks by assigning a unique color to each category. For example: my work category is the color red. Since I tend to be a workaholic, it’s a red flag to me when I have too much red in my planner.
- Set Your Goals: Clarify and prioritize your weekly and monthly goals to help you stay on track and focused.
- Get Your To-Do List: Gather all your tasks and events and create a master list to work from.
- Make A High-Level Monthly Plan: Use your monthly schedule to map out recurring tasks and appointments, then add in your goals and to-do list to create a plan for each day and week.
Don't settle for simply getting by each day – with time blocking, you can achieve your goals and live your best life! Ready to dive deeper? Download a free time blocking cheat sheet to jump start time blocking today! And check out this video to learn about the common time blocking mistakes entrepreneurs make.